For a quick way to open the channel between yourself and our planet of love, Venus, try this ritual bath soak. It’s also a great way to sanctify your body for any love-oriented ritual work. For best results, do it on a Friday or just before a date.
What you’ll need:
- A bath or small tub (but big enough to put your feet in)
- Rose petals, lady’s mantle, damiana, and hibiscus
- If you have any other herbs you’d like to add that are associated with Venus, go for it!
What to do:
Run your bath and place your herbs and flowers in there. Light some candles too if it feels right.
When the temperature is right, treat yourself to some quiet time away from the busyness of life. Really allow yourself to soak in the metaphysical properties of the ingredients you’ve used and when it feels organic, say the following Venus invocation:
“Goddess Venus I call to you,
Connect my soul to love and you.
By your power, strong and bright,
Guide my heart to love’s delight.“
Witch tip! Calico bags or mesh produce bags are great to act as large ‘tea bags’ for your bathtub if you don’t like the feel of the herbs sticking to you!
- Some ingredients aren’t safe for pregnant women, so always check what you’re working with when carrying a child.
- Change or substitute whatever feels right to you. This is your personal craft and it should be treated as such.